Arizona Drivers Education Rules and Requirements
We are moving to a new location on March 1st, 2018.
7725 E Redfield Road, Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Arizona Graduated INSTRUCTION PERMIT Requirements
- Teen must be at least 15 years and 6 months old.
- Teen and parent must provide necessary application documents. See Driver License Information.
- Teen must pass written and vision tests.
- Teen must have a licensed driver who is at least 21 years of age seated in the front seat next to him or her at all times.
Arizona Graduated DRIVER LICENSE Requirements
- Teen must be at least 16 years old.
- Teen must hold an Arizona class G permit for at least six months.
- Teen must have completed 20 hours of supervised, behind-the-wheel daytime driving practice and 10 hours of supervised, behind the wheel nighttime driving practice–a total of 30 hours – before applying for graduated driver license.
- For the first six months, a teen with a graduated driver license cannot drive between the hours of midnight to 5:00am unless:
Teen with a Graduated Driver License shall not drive a motor vehicle containing more than one passenger under the age of 18 on a public highway, unless:
- A parent or legal guardian who has a valid driver license is sitting in the front passenger seat,
- The teen is driving to or from a sanctioned school sponsored activity, sanctioned religious activity, place of employment, or family emergency.
- The passengers are the teen driver's siblings or
- The teen driver is accompanied by a parent of legal guardian with a valid driver license and occupies the front passenger seat.
NOTE: If the teen driver has no outstanding extensions of the restricted driving period or suspension of driving privileges during the completion of the first six months of restricted driving, the teen may drive without restriction until eligible to apply for a Class D driver license beginning at age 18.
If you have questions about the Arizona Graduated Driver License, check out the Arizona DOT website or call 602-255-0072.